[Endcreditsfilm] End Credits at CoCA Wednesday 23 November

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Sat Nov 19 03:46:10 CET 2011

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 1123caughtscreen700.jpg
Type: image/jpg
-------------- next part --------------

WINNER AUDIENCE AWARD Sydney Film Festival.

7:30 pm Wednesday November 23

CAUGHT INSIDE
(MA) AUSTRALIA 92 min

FilmInk excerpt.

A `dream surfari’ becomes a nightmare of survival on an isolated yacht, when the psychotically violent Alpha male takes the helm and sets new rules: ‘This is a ship, not a democracy’.
Ever been stuck with a friend who crosses the line? A Surf charter to remote paradise. A bunch of mates, un-crowded waves and one rule: leave your girlfriend at home. Breaking this rule, the focus turns to the single female. She has a captive male audience. She flirts. Sexual tension, manipulation and deceit erupt into violence as the Bullish male, hell bent on getting his, has the group caught inside. Sometimes we suffer the monsters we create. On a boat, in the middle of nowhere, you can’t just walk away....

There’s nothing quite like playing a bad guy to allow an actor to well and truly jump off the leash (think Eric Bana in Chopper, Willem Dafoe in Wild At Heart, Robert De Niro in Cape Fear...the list is practically endless), and in the taut-as-piano-wire Australian thriller, Caught Inside, familiar face Ben Oxenbould rips and tears like nobody’s business....

Though highly promising debut director Adam Blaiklock expertly and imaginatively works his limited budget and claustrophobic set up to nail-grinding effect, and all of the supporting performances are rock-solid, Caught Inside really belongs to Ben Oxenbould who dares to go right out there with his performance, and it makes Caught Inside a thrilling experience indeed.

http://www.filmink.com.au/review/caught-inside-film/

We have just 2 screening opportunities left for 2011 so we thought a focus on terrific unseen Aussie films from 2011 would be a nice way to end the year.

The other film will be FACE TO FACE on December 10

Check our website for details.

Special news for those who read to the bottom of emails is that End Credits will return to Sunday sessions at CoCA in 2012 with the assistance of a Cairns Regional Council grant. Dates are already reserved and End Credits Unseen Cinema Sundays commence in early February 2012. Dates have been posted on our google calendar.

Programming will begin shortly so here's your chance to let us know what you'd like to see.
Specific titles or general suggestions welcome.

admin at endcredits.org.au