[Endcreditsfilm] One of the best for last.

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Sun Dec 9 06:36:56 CET 2012

Season's greetings and thanks to all who've made our 2012 Unscreened Cinema an unqualified success.
You've kept coming and that means we can keep going so we'll be back in 2013 at Coca screening regularly each Sunday and on other occasions as the opportunity presents.

Our last film for 2013 is a treat many have rated one of the best films of the year. You've probably got your own views on which films are your favourites and I'm confident this one will have you reshuffling your list.

4:30pm Sunday December 16

MONSIEUR LAZHAR

(M) 92 min CA

A deeply moving and deftly handled drama that beautifully walks the line between melodrama and realism.

Canadian director, Philippe Falardeau’s Monsieur Lazhar is a fine drama reminiscent of another French-language title set in a multicultural classroom, Laurent Cantet’s The Class, though it’s far more gentle and uplifting. With terrific performances from adult and child actors alike, it treats its tragic themes with skill and sensitivity.....

– Monsieur Lazhar never pretends to be anything but a grown-up fable, and it’s a captivating one. - Filmink

WINNER AUDIENCE AWARD VOTED BEST FILM - SYDNEY, ROTTERDAM, LOCARNO Film festivals

WINNER 6 Canadian Academy Awards ( GENIES)

http://www.filmink.com.au/reviews/monsieur-lazhar-film_2/

2013 CoCA screenings resume February 24.

admin at endcredits.org.au