[Endcreditsfilm] Comic Candy to Movie Moments at The Centre this October

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Wed Sep 26 01:56:18 CEST 2012

If this email does not display correctly click here.

e-newsletter: september 2012

Hi End Credits,
Well what a week! Thank you to everyone who came along to BOY GIRL WALL on Wednesday and Thursday last week. What a show! What an audience! The Boy girl wall national tour ended here on our Theatre stage and we couldn't have been prouder to be part of the sock puppet, chalk board scribbling, evil magpie whirlwind madness! We hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!

As part of the Centre of Contemporary Arts presented season, we next welcome back CHASING THE LOLLYMAN, a hilarious celebration of urban indigenous identity through the eyes of creator and performer Mark Sheppard.

 Tickets are now available for purchase online.

FAST FACTS

When: Saturday 27th October 7.30pm

Where: 96 Abbott Street

Tickets: General Admission $29 / Concession $24

Book ONLINE or Call 4050 9400

October is shaping up to be quite the eventful month! Scroll on down to see some of what else is on our radar...

Many a Movie Thanks to End Credits Film Club
End Credits has unveiled an exciting new line up of films as part of their Unseen Cinema series at The Centre

October

Thursday 11th, 7.30pm   The King Is Dead (Australia, MA) & CHINAMAN CREEK

Sunday 14th, 4.30pm     Jackpot (Norway, MA)

PREMIERE SCREENING CELEBRATION

Thursday 11th October - doors open 6.30pm, film commences 7.30pm

The Cairns and District Chinese Cultural Association will celebrate the premiere screening of locally produced short film CHINAMAN CREEK with events commencing at 6.30pm in the Centre foyer. Ticket sales include entry for the Rolf DeHeer feature, The King Is Dead.

End Credits invites everyone to join them for Chinese eats, presentations and the Lion Dance cultural performance.

November

Sunday 4th, 4.30pm        Your Sister’s Sister (USA, MA)

Sunday 25th, 4.30pm      Bathing Franky (Australia M)

Tickets to all End Credit's films screened at the Centre of Contemporary Arts are available at the door, cash sales only.

General Admission $13

Members $10

Check out  www.artscairns.com.au
for more information including movie trailers

Films Showing at the Centre of Contemporary Arts
Heyday Festival Is Just Around The Corner!
If you haven't already heard, Heyday Festival is a brand spanking new multi-arts youth festival brought to life by the creative talents of festival founding director Melissa (Mema) Edwards and her bubbling team of coordinators and fellow creatives.

Grown in Cairns, Heyday Festival is set to make its mark Saturday October 6th at Arthouse on Scott Street. The festival will bring together new and raw talent across music, performance and exhibitions as part of Mema's vision to develop Far North Queensland’s youth arts sector (12 – 30 years of age) by nurturing talented artists, artsworkers, entrepreneurs, and go-getters.

Show your support

Head online to their website www.heydayfestival.com.au to see how you can get involved

Pledge your support through Pozible

Grab a ticket and get to the festival: Book Now!

What's On

 	men + GODS - Brian Robinson
Dates: Friday, 17 Aug 2012 - Saturday, 13 Oct 2012
Times:
Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm

Opening: Saturday 18th August 4pm

Venue: Gallery 1, Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns
	NIDA Open Short Courses
Dates: Saturday, 29 Sep 2012 - Sunday, 30 Sep 2012
Venue: Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns
	Chasing the Lollyman
Dates: Saturday, 27 Oct 2012
Times: 7:30pm
Venue: The Theatre, Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns
See all events on our website.