[Endcreditsfilm] UNSEEN CINEMA SUNDAY 14 APRIL

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Sun Apr 7 05:57:22 CEST 2013

Do you remember when the sky was falling?

4:30pm Sunday Apr 14
LE SKYLAB

From Julie Delpy, director of Two Days in Paris, a joyous, passionate tale of a family gathering.

in the summer of 1979 in Brittany, a family gathers to celebrate a very important birthday. It’s a big family, they share a love of good food, good wine, and healthy discussions! We watch the day unfold through the eyes of 10 year old Albertine. Albertine is on the delicate borderline between young girl and teenager, she’s wise, but she’s guarded too. And her family are really something to see in action!

Albertine’s parents are actors from Paris, and they are most insistent that on this night, the Skylab will fall from the sky, and it will either fall in Australia, or Brittany! To be sure of Albertine’s safety, they insist that she sleep inside the house. Throughout the film, we’ll see many more decisions made that look more than a little oddball, but in the hands of director Julie Delpy, the film maintains a sure narrative footing. The cast represents the very best of old and young French talent, and the joie de vivre of the gathering is infectious. It’s a funny, tender and occasionally outrageous look back to the end of the 70s, to childhood, to summer holidays.

http://www.filmink.com.au/reviews/le-skylab-film/

Chicken Little

End Credits Film Club
admin at endcredits.org.au