[Endcreditsfilm] Support for local filmmakers and UNSEEN CINEMA SUNDAY

End Credits Film Club via Endcreditsfilm endcreditsfilm at lists.endcredits.org.au
Mon Jun 22 02:39:39 CEST 2015

There’s a great local crowd funding campaign gaining momentum that I’d like to commend to our readers and urge as many of you as possible to join me in supporting.

You can find the details here:  <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starspawn/starspawn-an-hp-lovecraft-inspired-sci-fi-horror-f?fb_action_ids=10152979415551169&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B974972192554245%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D>

End Credits' committee has agreed to pledge $500 (and get an end credits logo in the end credits :) but we want to not only support by contributing club funds but to also ask our members assist us to double our pledge.

We'll be asking our audiences at our next 2 CoCA screenings not only to make personal pledges to the campaign but also to make enough gold coin donations at our screenings so we can raise the End Credits pledge to $1000.

Come to our screenings, see these great films, and help us get this local production campaign to its target by its deadline of July19.

4:30pm Sun 28 June
LEVIATHAN
RU (MA) 141mins
“When a man feels the tight grip of anxiety in the face of need and un- certainty, when he gets overwhelmed with hazy images of the future, scared for his loved ones, and fearful of death on the prowl, what can he do except give up his freedom and free will, and hand these treas- ures over willingly to a trustworthy person in exchange for deceptive guarantees of security, social protection, or even of an illusory community?...” - Andrey Zvyagintsev - Director’s Statement.
Winner - 2014 Cannes International Film Festival - Prix du Scenario,
Winner - 2015 Golden Globes - Best Foreign Language Film
Winner - Best Film - 2014 BFI London International Film Festival - Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Munich International Film Festival - Abu Dhabi International Film Festival.

4:30pm Sun 5 July
SALT OF THE EARTH
FR (M) 109mins
For the last 40 years, the photographer Sebastião Salgado has been travelling through the continents, in the footsteps of an ever changing humanity.
He has witnessed the major events of our recent history ; international conflicts, starvation and exodus. He is now embarking on the discovery of pristine territories, of the wild fauna and flora, of grandiose landscapes as part of a huge photographic project which is a tribute to the planet’s beauty.
Sebastião Salgado’s life and work are revealed to us by his son, Juliano, who went with him during his last travels, and by Wim Wenders, a photographer himself.

admin at endcredits.org.au