[Endcreditsfilm] UNSEEN CINEMA - LEVIATHAN

End Credits Film Club via Endcreditsfilm endcreditsfilm at lists.endcredits.org.au
Sat Jun 27 09:44:21 CEST 2015

Have you visited the local film production Kickstarter campaign yet? It would be great to see local film lovers get behind this.

You can find the details here:  <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/starspawn/starspawn-an-hp-lovecraft-inspired-sci-fi-horror-f?fb_action_ids=10152979415551169&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B974972192554245%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D>

End Credits'  has agreed to pledge $500 (and get an end credits logo in the film’s end credits :)

We’d like to ask our members assist us to lift our pledge with a target of doubling it from our next 2 CoCA screenings.

We’ve had some wine donated as well as $20 vouchers from The Green Shop and Community Foods so there will be a Lucky Number board at the ticket desk where you can purchase a numbered square for just $2 with a 2 in 50 chance of taking home a prize. It’ll be drawn in the theatre just prior to the movie starting.

If you’d rather just make a cash donation look for the volunteers in the foyer holding the donation buckets.

Come to our screenings, see these great films, and help us get this local production campaign to its target by its deadline of July19.

4:30pm Sun 28 June
LEVIATHAN
RU (MA) 141mins
“When a man feels the tight grip of anxiety in the face of need and un- certainty, when he gets overwhelmed with hazy images of the future, scared for his loved ones, and fearful of death on the prowl, what can he do except give up his freedom and free will, and hand these treas- ures over willingly to a trustworthy person in exchange for deceptive guarantees of security, social protection, or even of an illusory community?...” - Andrey Zvyagintsev - Director’s Statement.
Winner - 2014 Cannes International Film Festival - Prix du Scenario,
Winner - 2015 Golden Globes - Best Foreign Language Film
Winner - Best Film - 2014 BFI London International Film Festival - Asia Pacific Screen Awards - Munich International Film Festival - Abu Dhabi International Film Festival.

4:30pm Sun 5 July
SALT OF THE EARTH
FR (M) 109mins
For the last 40 years, the photographer Sebastião Salgado has been travelling through the continents, in the footsteps of an ever changing humanity.
He has witnessed the major events of our recent history ; international conflicts, starvation and exodus. He is now embarking on the discovery of pristine territories, of the wild fauna and flora, of grandiose landscapes as part of a huge photographic project which is a tribute to the planet’s beauty.
Sebastião Salgado’s life and work are revealed to us by his son, Juliano, who went with him during his last travels, and by Wim Wenders, a photographer himself.

admin at endcredits.org.au <mailto:admin at endcredits.org.au>