[Endcreditsfilm] A filmy fortnight

End Credits Film Club via Endcreditsfilm endcreditsfilm at lists.endcredits.org.au
Mon Mar 9 09:09:32 CET 2015

A quiet week for End Credits but there’s a few filmy things on:

 Film Queensland is in town to present their Roadshow.
Thursday 12 March at 18:00–19:30

Rydges Tradewinds Cairns
137 The Esplanade, Cairns, Queensland, Australia 4870
	• Find Tickets
Tickets Available
http://sqroadshowcairns.eventbrite.com.au

The Screen Queensland (SQ) Production and Development team is hitting the road as part of a special roadshow event to meet with industry and have a discussion about the future of screen.
Jo Dillon (Head of Production and Development) and her team will be travelling to Cairns on Wed 11 March to talk about the current state of our screen industry, our vision for the future, and hear feedback from you, our industry players.
The presentation will be followed by a networking event which is an opportunity for you to meet new people, share connections, stories and ideas and learn of new opportunities.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1548597852071093/

Cairns Regional Gallery presents

Esteemed artist and filmmaker David Lynch (Mullholland Drive, Twin Peaks), will make his first Australian public appearance at the opening weekend of the blockbuster exhibition
'David Lynch: Between Two Worlds’,
(showing at the Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane.)

The Cairns Regional Gallery in conjunction with Queensland Art Gallery/Gallery of Modern Art is thrilled to offer an limited number of attendees the opportunity to watch the QAG\GOMA event 'David Lynch: In Conversation' as it is live streamed from the QAG\GOMA Galleries

This one-off, free event will take place:
Saturday 14 March 2015
11.00am -12.30pm at JCU Cairns.

In this event, David will share insight into his life, his work and his many passions – painting, film, music and meditation.

**Please note there will not be the capacity for questions to be asked.**

RSVP essential - for full address details
programs at cairnsregionalgallery.com.au
Tel: 40464800

https://www.facebook.com/events/1542863575970358/
Then Next week

18 March at 18:00
	• The Cairns Institute Lecture Theatre (Room D3.054)

The Master and Divino, dir. Tiago Campos (2013) 85 mins

Two filmmakers portray life in the village and in the mission of Sangradouro, Mato Grosso: Adalbert Heide, an eccentric German missionary, that soon after the contact with the Indians, in 1957, starts to film with his Super-8 camera; and Divino Tserewahu, a young Xavante filmmaker, that produces films for television and cinema festivals since the 90s. Shifting between complicity, competition, irony and affect, they give life to their historical records, revealing peculiar backstages of indigenous catechizing in Brazil.

Screened with the permission of the filmmaker Tiago Campos who made the film in association with Vídeo nas Aldeias (VNA - Video in the villages), a pioneer project in the field of indigenous audiovisual production in Brazil. More at: http://www.videonasaldeias.org.br

https://www.facebook.com/events/746675728778915/

Oh and we’ll be back at CoCA with FOLIES BERGERE on Sunday 22 March 4:30pm

admin at endcredits.org.au