[Endcreditsfilm] UNSEEN CINEMA SUNDAY - QUO VADO?

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Tue Dec 6 08:12:07 CET 2016

QUO VADO?
WHERE AM I GOING?

4:30pm Sunday December 11
QUO VADO? (WHERE AM I GOING?)
Italy (M) 86 mins

Not many films can boast the near equivalent of Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ three-week ticket sales in its first weekend, but that’s exactly what Where Am I Going? achieved when it opened in Italy earlier this year. Indeed this hilarious comedy now stands as the highest-grossing film in Italian cinema history, earning over 60 million Euros.

The story takes a not-so-subtle dig at the Italian obsession of pursuing a cushy public service job-for-life, with a generous pension and the seeming impossibility of termination, once secured.

Co-writer Luca Medici stars as his much-celebrated comic character, Checco Zalone, a middle-aged slacker from Southern Italy who goes to great lengths to hold onto his pen-pushing position – even if it means being sent to the North Pole or Africa.

Love, however, just might be his undoing… Striking a delicious balance between non-stop gags and some very pointed cultural criticism, the phenomenal success of Where Am I Going? is proof that 90 minutes of hilarity is the perfect antidote to the world’s doom and gloom.

m - 0427103148
t - 0740559538
End Credits Film Club
admin at endcredits.org.au