[Endcreditsfilm] 猴年吉祥 Hóunián jíxiáng

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Thu Feb 4 02:18:53 CET 2016

猴年吉祥  Hóunián jíxiáng  Good luck for this Monkey year.

End Credits launches our 2016 season with 2 special screenings to celebrate this Monkey year. Choose between the boutique desk chair experience at Wharf One Cine Bar or our popular Unseen Cinema Sunday session at CoCA - The Centre of Contemporary Arts. Maybe see both?

7:00pm Thursday 18 February - Wharf One Cafe - Trinity Wharf

Curated by Red Dot Cinema in Singapore this collection of short films represents the work of emerging filmmakers from Asian countries. Drama, comedy, animation and documentary, these award winning short films showcase the region's diverse stories.
Seating at Wharf One Cine Bar is limited and booking online is highly recommended.
Tickets $20.00 ( no concessions ): http://www.trybooking.com/179796
Wharf One Cafe is licensed and light meals are available. Arrive early and enjoy a sundowner with a view over Trinity Inlet before the film.

4:30pm Sunday 21 February - CoCA Theatre - UNSEEN CINEMA - THE ASSASSIN (CH/TA/HK)

We commence our 2016 UNSEEN CINEMA series at the Centre Of Contemporary Arts with one of themost acclaimed films at the Cannes Film festival in 2015.

An Official 2016 Chinese New Year event in association with CADCAI, (Cairns and District Chinese Association Inc.)

Shu Qi plays the eponymous killer in this ravishingly beautiful foray into historical martial-arts territory from Taiwanese master Hou Hsiao-hsien.

The Assassin is a mesmerizing slow burn of a martial-arts movie that boldly merges stasis and kinesis, turns momentum into abstraction, and achieves breathtaking new heights of compositional elegance: Shot for shot, it’s perhaps the most ravishingly beautiful film Hou has ever made, and certainly one of his most deeply transporting. Centered around a quietly riveting performance from Shu Qi, the film is destined for an audience to which gore-seekers with short attention spans need not apply.

WINNER - BEST DIRECTOR - 2015 CANNES FILM FESTIVAL

Tickets: $15.00 Adult $10.00 members

Pre-sale t - 40881010 or http://www.centre-of-contemporary-arts-cairns.com.au/events/index.php?we_objectID=485
Tickets available from 3:30pm at the door cash or card.

过年好

Guònián hǎo

Happy New Year

admin at endcredits.org.au