[Endcreditsfilm] CNY UNSEEN CINEMA Friday and Sunday.

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Thu Feb 2 06:39:30 CET 2017

We have two special films lined up to welcome Chinese New Year.

There’s now 2 chances to see Jackie Chan’s latest adventure/comedy RAILROAD TIGERS with a special CADCAI volunteers thank you screening at 7:45pm Sunday 5 February. If you can’t make it tomorrow night there will be tickets available to the public at the door on Sunday from 7pm.

Our UNSEEN CINEMA special I AM NOT MADAME BOVARY screens at 4:30pm Sunday 5 February.

Anyone up for a double bill?

4:30pm Sunday February 05
I AM NOT MADAME BOVARY
Dir. Feng Xiaogang - China (M) 128 mins
Mandarin with English subtitles

I Am Not Madame Bovary tells the satirical story of Li Xuelian (Fan Bingbing), a village woman accused of being an adulterer. After a ruling is made against her in her divorce case, she begins an annual “journey of petition” to Beijing in order to prove that her divorce was a sham and to redeem her reputation.
The film is an adaptation of Liu Zhenyun’s 2012 novel “I Am Not Pan Jinlian.”
The translators decided to find an equivalent character in Western literature for the English name of the film, settling on Madame Bovary.
Besides a critical story, Feng, the director employed revolutionary circular and square framing during filming and production. Circular (Fang) and Square (yuan) combining together in Chinese means ‘Renqing’ and rules , which obscurely transcends the meaning of the film, to ‘judge the contemporary society of China.

7:30pm Friday February 03
7:45pm Sunday February 05
RAILROAD TIGERS
Dir. Ding Shen - China (M) 118 mins
Mandarin with English subtitles

Set in 1941, during World War 2, Jackie Chan’s latest action-packed comedy tells a story about a railroad worker, Ma Yuan (Chan), who leads a team of freedom fighters to derail the Japanese war effort by using his deep knowledge of the train network. His ragtag group find themselves on the wrong side of the tracks when they decide to ambush a heavily armed military train filled with desperately needed provisions.

Ambushing soldiers and stealing supplies and provisions to help poor and starving locals, this legendary team of partisans on the rail tracks become known by the Chinese people as the “Railroad Tigers” .

Harkening back to Jackie Chan’s classic Hong Kong films, the dazzling set pieces and action scenes rival anything seen on the big screen before.

admin at endcredits.org.au
http://www.petitcinebar.com.au