[Endcreditsfilm] Fwd: Anthropocene movie - Wednesday 15 March 6:30pm

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Tue Mar 14 00:38:34 CET 2017

ALTAR film screenings return to Cairns Institute - JCU tomorrow night.
Entry is free.

admin at endcredits.org.au
http://www.petitcinebar.com.au
http://twitter.com/#!/EndCreditsFilm

Begin forwarded message:

From: Daniela Vavrova <altarjcu at gmail.com>
Subject: Anthropocene movie - Wednesday 15 March 6:30pm
Date: 13 March 2017 at 11:16:34 pm AEST
To: daniela.vavrova at jcu.edu.au

Dear ALTAR members and friends,

It is my pleasure to invite you to our first film screening of this year:

Anthropocene (97 mins)
by Steve Bradshaw (2015)

Wednesday 15 March 2017 at 6:30 pm

In Steve Bradshaw’s feature documentary Anthropocene (2015, 97 mins), a group of scholars discuss if we live in a new geological epoch and describe how we have created our artificial planet. Is our story a tragedy, a comedy… or something more surreal? And how should we write the next – and maybe final – chapter?

The Director of the Cairns Institute, Professor Stewart Lockie, will open our 2017 film series on the anthropocene and introduce our first guest speaker; Distinguished Research Professor and Australian Laureate Fellowship, Bill Laurance, Director of the Centre for Tropical Environmental and Sustainability Science and ALERT-conservation at JCU.

Professor Laurance will introduce us to the theme of the anthropocene and kick off a discussion about the ways that the social and natural sciences might join forces to engage the urgent issues arising from the impacts of human activity on the Earth’s geology and ecosystems.

For more details and poster as well as info about the upcoming films visit:

http://www.cairnsinstitute.jcu.edu.au/upcoming-events/the-anthropocene/ <http://www.cairnsinstitute.jcu.edu.au/upcoming-events/the-anthropocene/>
All are welcome!

Sincerely,

Daniela & ALTAR team

Dr. Daniela Vavrova

http://rachel.reflectangulo.net <http://rachel.reflectangulo.net/>
https://espaces.edu.au/altar <https://espaces.edu.au/altar>
 <https://espaces.edu.au/altar>https://espaces.edu.au/av-lab <https://espaces.edu.au/av-lab>

+61-⁠(0)7-⁠4232 1882 (Australia, office)
+61-⁠(0)4-⁠205 93 462 (Australia, mobile)

The Cairns Institute
James Cook University
P.O.Box 6811
Cairns, QLD 4870