[Endcreditsfilm] Unseen Cinema - Two Is A Family

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Fri Jul 27 07:36:13 CEST 2018

These are our next screenings for Unseen Cinema where we see a change of venue as we move to Cairns Central for 2 films in the same week.

4:30pm SUN 5 AUG - TWO IS A FAMILY (FR) - The most popular French film of 2017.
Special Offer: Be a Two Ticket Family: Members accompanied by a non-member guest can buy both tickets at the members price.

7:00pm THUR 9 AUG - BORDER POLITICS (AU) - a feature documentary following renowned refugee advocate and guest of The Cairns Tropical Writers Festival, Julian Burnside as he examines the refugee policies of western countries.

Tickets are available now from the links on our coming soon page here. <http://www.starrynightcinema.com.au/coming-soon>

4:30pm Sunday 5 August
- Event Cairns Central Cinema
Dir. Hugo Gelin - France (M) 117 mins
In French - English subtitles.
Hugo Gélin’s bona fide crowd-pleaser charmed audiences internationally, becoming the most popular French-language film of 2017 worldwide.

Filled with humour, emotion, and great performances, TWO IS A FAMILY is a lavishly-produced slice of entertainment that also touches on themes of class, social responsibility and the challenges of parenthood. Few films are as well-crafted to leave audiences with a smile (and perhaps a few tears too).

“A comedy that touches the heart.“ LE PARISIEN

7:00pm Thursday 9 August
- Event Cairns Central Cinema Dir. Judy Rymer- AU (M) 97mins In English

Australian leading human rights barrister Julian Burnside deconstructs harsh asylum seeker policies around the world, arguing that failure in political leadership is compromising human rights and destroying democratic principles in the West.

There's a lot more to come in August which you can see now on our website or by downloading the full August program ( pdf ) here. <http://endcredits.org.au/PDFnews/2018/1808b_V5-lscape_newsltr.pdf>

admin at endcredits.org.au