[Endcreditsfilm] Unseen Cinema Sunday 3 June

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Sun May 27 05:04:55 CEST 2018

Advance purchase tickets are available to buy here now.

Andrey Zvyagintsev, the Russian director, has only made a handful of films but each one has been so extraordinarily assured that film festivals constantly award him gongs and knowing cinephiles eagerly await his next work.

WINNER - Cannes International Film Festival 2017, Jury Prize

NOMINEE - Academy Awards 2018, Best Foreign Language Film

NOMINEE - Golden Globes 2018, Best Motion Picture (Foreign Language)

WINNER - BFI London Film Festival 2017, Best Film

WINNER - Munich Film Festival 2017, Best Film

WINNER - European Film Award 2017, Best Cinematography

★★★★★

“A masterpiece. An eerie thriller of hypnotic, mysterious intensity.“

Peter Bradshaw, THE GUARDIAN

★★★★1/2
“Masterful. If you’re interested in finding out more about life in Vladimir Putin’s Russia — not the political side of life but the ordinary, everyday lives of “typical” Russians — you need look no further. This is among the best films made anywhere in the world over the past 15 years. Never less than riveting.“ David Stratton, THE WEEEKEND AUSTRALIAN

★★★★1/2
“Beautifully crafted. This austere, masterful film shows the absolute control Zvyagintsev has over his art. It is so beautiful.“ Margaret Pomeranz, FOXTEL ARTS SCREEN

★★★★1/2
“Fascinating. Absolutely extraordinary on so many levels. The best film I’ve seen so far this year easily.“ Graeme Blundell, FOXTEL ARTS SCREEN

“Intelligent and poetic. There is no other film I have seen over the past decade that has spoken to the damage of our times as eloquently and profoundly. It’s a masterpiece. If you care about the art of cinema, do not miss this film.”
Christos Tsiolkas, THE SATURDAY PAPER

★★★★

“Vivid and real. The sense that this is all happening now, before our eyes, is gripping. At the same time, Zvyagintsev brings a poetic edge to his imagery that jangles the senses.“
Paul Byrnes, SMH/THE AGE

★★★★★

“A masterpiece. A stunningly well crafted and extraordinarily observant depiction of modern life, relationships, parenting, and society. At every turn it is revealing and stunningly precise about the human condition. It offers the viewer a chance not only to reflect on their own life but to truly search their soul. Like the very, very best films, I believe that if I listen to it, I can be a slightly better person for it.”
C.J. Johnson, ABC LOCAL RADIO

★★★★1/2
“Riveting. A thriller that rattles the soul. What makes Loveless a great film, rather than just a good film, apart from the exquisite cinematography, is Zvyagintsev’s ability to implicate his audience in the story. Unsentimental, unsparing, unutterably sad... Loveless makes a powerful argument for human tenderness.“
Vicky Roach, THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

20/20.

“Extraordinarily assured. A beautifully realised piece of cinema. It is filled with a feeling of lament about the malaise that has hollowed out Putin’s authoritarian state, but it works on the heart not the mind.”
Julian Wood, FILMINK

Please join us. Don’t miss it.

admin at endcredits.org.au