[Endcreditsfilm] UNSEEN CINEMA SUNDAY 4:30pm 25 Nov

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Thu Nov 22 02:05:19 CET 2018

This year we’ve shown some of the best films from around the world, so it’s time we screened a couple of the best and most overlooked independently released Australian films from 2018. Come and check them out. I think you’ll be glad you did.

You can buy tickets now here <https://www.trybooking.com/ZBTB> or from 3:30pm at the door Event Cinemas Cairns Central.

Tiriel Mora - gets ready for BOOKWEEK

4:30pm Sunday November 25

BOOK WEEK
       Event Cinema Cairns Central
        Dir. Heath Davis- Australia (MA) 99 mins

Wittily scripted, sharply characterised, and smartly performed (Rose Riley, Pippa Grandison, Steve Le Marquand, Rhys Muldoon, Tiriel Mora, Maya Stange, Nicholas Hope and Jolene Anderson all do great work in small roles), Book Week is a little gem of a film.

A cantankerous English teacher and disgraced author (Alan Dukes) must show he’s a changed man if his latest manuscript is to be published.

It not only celebrates the joy of reading (and learning), but also the ability of people to change for the better. You always get the feeling that there’s a better man beneath Nick Cutler’s sour exterior, and Alan Dukes ingeniously reveals his character’s true self slowly and authentically as the film unspools.

It’s a lovely portrait piece, and Book Week is nothing short of a cinematic page-turner. - Filmink.

admin at endcredits.org.au