[Endcreditsfilm] Audience restrictions and Unseen Cinema

End Credits Film Club admin at endcredits.org.au
Wed Mar 18 08:06:11 CET 2020

Hi Stella,
Thanks for your email.

I’ll address my response to all.

Members,

At the moment I’m waiting a day or so to give Event Cinema management some time to develop their response to the latest restrictions and review our current arrangements with them.

They certainly run sessions with less than 100 people.

Our Unseen Cinema series break even on current costs is well in excess of 100 ticket sales, so although we don’t shy away from films we think might have lower attendances, we need the larger audience sessions to keep our heads above water.

We should probably recognise that groups of 100 might just be a step on the way to something lower.

The other issue is that film distributors are beginning to withdraw their films from cinema  release, saving them up for times when they can expect bigger audiences. This will make future programming more challenging.

A further consideration is that our Sunday cinema session demographic is heavily weighted towards the riskier end of the virus outcome severity scale.

For now End Credits committee has agreed that the most prudent act is to suspend all of our indoor screening activities until further notice.

We’ll let you know if the landscape changes.

Current situation:

Flickerfest at CPAC Fri 27 March has been cancelled. Ticketlink are arranging refunds.

Today I closed all online ticket sales and will make refunds to any ticket holders once I’ve had the opportunity to speak to the cinema management.

admin at endcredits.org.au
http://www.endcredits.org.au
https://www.starrynightcairns.com
https://www.facebook.com/endcreditsfilmclub/