[Endcreditsfilm] A FILMMAKERS WEEKEND

Brett Hitchens admin at endcredits.org.au
Fri Feb 26 02:59:34 CET 2021

Hi Folks,
We’re holding a weekend double bill this Saturday and Sunday.

SATURDAY - SCREEN CULTURE CLUB - Filmmakers social.

Local director Travis Bain will present his latest project STARSPAWN OVERTURE, a 19 min introduction to his feature in development STARSPAWN.

Travis will host a filmmakers Q&A session after the film.

But wait there’s more…. We’ll also be running Travis’ award winning short ZOMBIES vs THE CWA
A truly scary but hilarious experience for anyone who’s been in meeting-land.

It will be a great opportunity meet the crew behind the films and spend some social time networking with other Far North Queensland emerging filmmakers.

Tickets are available here on line <https://www.trybooking.com/BOPJL> or at the door from 6:30pm.

SUNDAY - UNSEEN CINEMA - WILD THINGS
End Credits will donate 100% of profits  from the screening towards Rainforest4.org’s project to buy back Lot 157 Cape Tribulation Rd <https://www.rainforest4.org/>

Tickets are available online now here <http://endcredits.org.au/> or at our ticket table win the foyer from 3:30pm Sunday.

“Impassioned, charged and genuinely striking, Wild Things offers an invigorating insight into the significance of activism and an affectionate glimpse at generations past and future fighting for our environment.”
LUKE FORSYTH, ENVIRONMENTAL FILM FESTIVAL AUSTRALIA

WILD THINGS <https://360degreefilms.com.au/productions/wildthings/>
(M)  directed by Sally Ingleton | 2020 | 89 mins

Armed only with mobile phones, this growing army of eco-warriors are mobilising against forces more powerful than themselves and saying, enough.  From chaining themselves to coal trains, sitting high in the canopy of threatened rainforest or locking onto bulldozers, their non-violent tactics are designed to generate mass action with one finger tap.

Against a backdrop of drought, fire and floods; we witness how today’s environmentalists are making a difference.  Surprisingly the methods of old still have currency when a groundswell of school kids inspired by the actions of 16-year old Swedish student Greta Thunberg say, ‘change is coming’ and call a national strike demanding action against global warming.

Cheers
admin at endcredits.org.au <mailto:admin at endcredits.org.au>
http://www.endcredits.org.au
https://www.facebook.com/endcreditsfilmclub/